Thursday, March 18, 2010

Metamorphoses by Mary Zimmerman- Creation Out of Another Blob

I finally got to starting Mary Zimmerman's interpretation of Metamorphoses, and I came to realize that it was very much alike to the other version of the Creation we have seen. I guess this is normal, since it is just an interpretation of the same story, but I found it really interesting how noticeable the times in which they are written are. In Ovid's version we have a much older, more poetic language, however, in Mary Zimmerman's version a much more descriptive and common language is used, very modern-like. It a lot more understandable, but in spite of the very different descriptions they give of the events, I found that both versions were very similar.
Again, that is only to be expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment